From: Irene Newhouse (einew_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2012 - 01:24:29 CDT

The latest Centos has an X11 driver called nouveau. It's supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it's incompatible with VMD, or at least it was about 6 months ago when my husband & I upgraded our Centos installations. You have to disable & uninstall nouveau & replace it with the graphics drivers that match your board [nvidia in our case]. After that, VMD runs just fine. If you google, 'Centos 6.2 disable nouveau' is one of the autofill options google spits out & if you choose it, there's lots of hits. Looks like more than just the VMD community has this problem:-). That's how we learned what we had to do. Maybe you're running into this trap. Irene Newhouse> Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 16:15:48 -0500