From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2012 - 15:36:01 CDT

Tom,
  The problem here is that the Amber tools use slightly inconsistent
variations of their file formats depending on which program reads/writes
them, and there's no way to differentiate which kind of file it is while
so the user has to select the correct plugin to read the type of file
they are using...

Cheers,
  John