From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2012 - 13:36:38 CDT

Hi,
  We have a search option setup for the VMD-L mailing list, however
with the recent switchover of our web site, the search boxes are currently
disabled until some problems are resolved. For the time being, you can
directly search the mailing list in Google like this:
  searcsubject site:www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/

So, if I wanted to find things that related to Gromacs, I would type
this into google:
  gromacs site:www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/

I expect that the search boxes will show up on our web site again in
the next few weeks, but until then, you can use the "site:" keyword
in google and get exactly the same thing.