From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2012 - 07:48:04 CDT

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 8:27 AM, javacfish <javacfish_at_yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
> Actually, I try every method and refer the official introduction. But I can
> not compile VMD. And I did not search who compile VMD successfully by Google
> .
> So could any body tell me compile VMD detail?  Or could Axel share your
> compile VMD protocol?

i just follow the instructions. they are
easy enough to follow. it is just that VMD
compilation doesn't work like some other
programs, so you have to really read them.

*lots* of people have been able to compile
VMD from sources. there have been
discussions about it many times on this
mailing list.

most people that have trouble, don't
pay the necessary attention to details
or simply don't understand how compilers
and compiling software work and that is
seriously off-topic for this list.

if you come back with a more specific
description of what you did and how it
did not work, perhaps it may be possible
to give advice. the only answer that can
be given to "it doesn't work" is
"you must be doing something wrong",

axel.

> Thanks a lot!