From: Peter C. Lai (pcl_at_uab.edu)
Date: Thu May 31 2012 - 18:59:35 CDT

Is generating a topology in psf format a requirement of yours? Because if
all you need are coordinates, you can use something like the gromacs genconf
-nbox tool to replicate and assemble smaller patches into large ones.

On 2012-05-31 01:03:34PM +0100, P.-L. Chau wrote:
> Could I ask you for some advice on how to make a very large membrane?
>
> I used the membrane builder in VMD, requesting a POPC membrane in CHARMM36
> potential measuring 100nm by 100nm. VMD, or rather PSFGEN, crashed, giving
> me this error message:
>
> psfgen) error: segid L1100 is longer than 4 characters allowed by psf
> format
>
> Could I ask if this is an absolute limit? Is there some way one could
> extend it further?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> P-L Chau
>
> email: pc104_at_pasteur.fr
> Bioinformatique Structurale
> CNRS URA 2185
> Institut Pasteur
> 75724 Paris
> France

Peter C. Lai			| University of Alabama-Birmingham
Programmer/Analyst		| KAUL 752A
Genetics, Div. of Research	| 705 South 20th Street
pcl_at_uab.edu			| Birmingham AL 35294-4461
(205) 690-0808			|