From: Phelan Jr, Frederick R. Dr. (frederick.phelan_at_nist.gov)
Date: Wed May 23 2012 - 11:05:46 CDT

We have a simulation that uses very definitive and structured boundaries at the top and bottom of the simulation box. We have created a representation of the lower boundary in STL and imported into VMD using "File>New Molecule...", and the structure does display correctly. The problem is that we don't seem to be able to change the color or manipulated the features of the structure in any way ... have tried everything under "Representation...", but there are no displayable entities that show up to manipulate.

Is the problem the way we have loaded the structure, or is there just no way to manage the color/lighting of such an entity? Is there another way to load such a background feature?

Thanks,
Fred

________________________________
Frederick R. Phelan Jr., Ph.D.
Complex Fluids Group
Polymers Division
NIST, Bldg. 224/Rm. A209
100 Bureau Dr., STOP 8542
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8542
301.975.6761 (VOX)
301.975.4924 (FAX)
frederick.phelan_at_nist.gov<mailto:frederick.phelan_at_nist.gov>
My Polymers Home Page<http://www.nist.gov/mml/polymers/complex_fluids/fred-phelan.cfm>