From: Vlastimil Zíma (zima_at_karlov.mff.cuni.cz)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2012 - 12:28:10 CDT

Hi,

I use VMD I compiled from source code with no problem for more than a
year, but lately I found that several plugins does not work properly,
especially Sequence Viewer and Timeline. When one of them is started the
window is created, but labels are missing (see screen shot in
attachment) and output is full of X-related errors. When I download
compiled version, these plugins works, so I assume this is not connected
to Composite feature of X server. I will be grateful for any suggestion,
how to solve this problem.

Thanks
Vlastimil

VMD output:

Info) VMD for LINUX, version 1.9.1 (February 7, 2012)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) Multithreading available, 2 CPUs detected.
Info) Free system memory: 3009MB (76%)
Warning) Detected X11 'Composite' extension: if incorrect display occurs
Warning) try disabling this optional X server feature.
Info) OpenGL renderer: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset
x86/MMX/SSE2
Info) Features: STENCIL MDE CVA MTX NPOT PP PS GLSL(OVF)
Info) Full GLSL rendering mode is available.
Info) Textures: 2-D (8192x8192), 3-D (256x256x256), Multitexture (8)
vmd > X_QueryColors: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation) 0xff000000
XRequest.149: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 0x2a
XRequest.149: RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter) 0x3c00061
XRequest.149: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 0x2a
XRequest.149: RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter) 0x3c00061
XRequest.149: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 0x2a
XRequest.149: RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter) 0x3c00061
XRequest.149: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 0x2a
... and these two errors goes on and on.

Configuration options:
LINUX OPENGL FLTK TK IMD XINPUT NETCDF CONTRIB TCL PYTHON PTHREADS NUMPY

I tried also compilation with SDL, but it did not help.

OS: Debian wheezy

Libraries used during compilation:
libfltk1.1-dev 1.1.10-13
libgl1-mesa-dev 7.11.2-1