From: Christoph Willing (c.willing_at_uq.edu.au)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2012 - 18:17:10 CDT

I'm working on running vmd on a tiled display cluster - running
multiple instances of vmd (1 for each display) and synchronising them
with vmdcollab. I need to run each vmd instance at the full size of
the screen, positioned at (0,0) however this is not allowed - (1,0) is
OK, in fact just about any other positive values for x & y work as
expected.

This behaviour can be confirmed by observing the difference between
running:
   vmd -pos 0 0
and
   vmd -pos 1 0

I think this may be a bug - in line 248 of src/VMDAPp.C, I see:
     int *dloc = (displayLoc[0] > 0 ? displayLoc : (int *) NULL);

which disallows x being 0. Shouldn't that be:
     int *dloc = (displayLoc[0] >= 0 ? displayLoc : (int *) NULL);

chris

Christoph Willing +61 7 3365 8316
Research Computing Centre
University of Queensland