From: Barry Isralewitz (barryi_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2012 - 12:44:38 CDT

Hi Balaji,

        Another approach might be to use the Timeline plugin (Extensions:Analysis:Timeline) which produces 2D plots of this type. Select Calculate:Calc. Sec. Struct. in the Timeline window to view secondary structure. Timeline plots have the bonus of an interactive link to the 3D view -- scrubbing the cursor around an interesting transition in the 2D plot will highlight that residue and frame in the OpenGL 3D molecule view as well as show information about the highlighted object.

                Cheers,

                Barry

--
Barry Isralewitz
3043 Beckman, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign