From: Gianluca Interlandi (gianluca_at_u.washington.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2012 - 20:55:14 CST

I guess that the update had updated the kernel as well and thus the posts
are correct, you need to re-install the graphics card driver in order to
match the newly running kernel.

Gianluca

On Thu, 8 Mar 2012, Shalabh Maroo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got a new Dell Workstation with Red Hat 6.2. I installed VMD and it was running fantastic
> as always. But then I had the updates from Red Hat and installed them. Now, the VMD display
> does not show up properly. I get the following:
>
> Info) Creating CUDA device pool and initializing hardware...
> [New Thread 0x7fffef581700 (LWP 9549)]
> Info) Detected 1 available CUDA accelerator:
> Info) [0] Quadro 2000         4 SM_2.1 @ 1.25 GHz, 1.0GB RAM, KTO, OIO, ZCP
> Warning) Detected X11 'Composite' extension: if incorrect display occurs
> Warning) try disabling this optional X server feature.
> XRequest.137: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 0x4200091
> Info) OpenGL renderer: ErrorUnknown
> Info)   Features: STENCIL
> Info)   GLSL rendering mode is NOT available.
> Missing separate debuginfo for /usr/local/lib/vmd/libexpat.so.0
> Info) Dynamically loaded 2 plugins in directory:
> Info) /usr/local/lib/vmd/plugins/LINUXAMD64/molfile
> vmd >
>
> I read a few of the posts, which sort of conclude to update the graphics card driver. But
> if I had that problem, I should not have had VMD working fine before the Red Hat updates.
> Any insight will be helpful. I tried reinstalling VMD as well. Thank you!
>
> -Shalabh

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca_at_u.washington.edu
                     +1 (206) 685 4435
                     http://artemide.bioeng.washington.edu/

Postdoc at the Department of Bioengineering