From: R. Charbel Maroun (charbel.maroun_at_inserm.fr)
Date: Mon Feb 13 2012 - 05:58:52 CST

Dear Salvatore,

Thanks for your reply. Indeed, "bincoordinates" is a binary coordinate
restart file generated by an NAMD run, but "coordinates" is a pdb file
not generated by an NAMD run, and NAMD cannot do without that file.
So, in between NAMD runs, I have to convert coor files into pdb files.

By script I meant actually a shell script and a VMD script. For the
first one, I I came up with :

#!/bin/bash
charmrun ++local +p8 /usr/local/NAMD_2.8_Linux-x86_64/namd2
step6.5_equilibration.inp > step65A.log;
vmd -dispdev text -e vmd65A.com;
charmrun ++local +p8 /usr/local/NAMD_2.8_Linux-x86_64/namd2
step6.6_equilibration.inp > step66A.log;
vmd -dispdev text -e vmd66A.com;
charmrun ++local +p8 /usr/local/NAMD_2.8_Linux-x86_64/namd2
step7.1_production.inp > step71A.log;
vmd -dispdev text -e vmd71A.com;

where vmd*.com are the VMD Tcl command files obtained by turning on
the Log Tcl Commands option in VMD so as to be able to read coor and
psf files from a previous run and save as pdb for the next run.

Cheers,

CM