From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 27 2012 - 01:42:20 CST

On Unix systems running X-windows, you can often get more readable
fonts by adjusting (or completely overriding) the dots-per-inch (DPI)
setting for the display. I don't have time to dig into this presently,
but if nobody else gives you an easy solution, I might be able to
give you some tips next week after I get the new VMD release out the door.