From: Paul Anderson (pasystems01_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 18 2011 - 12:51:34 CST

Hi John,

Thank you for your response. I had unpacked the tar file to my home folder
and went into it. When in the folder I was able to open up terminal in that
directory. I put in the command ./configure and it went through the steps
to create the folders etc. Then I did a "cd" command to go to the src
folder and typed in make install. It indicated it was going to a "bourne"
shell (?) and ended the operation. I went to both the bin and lib folders
to try and start the program through terminal and got the error messages as
described in my previous email. I have downloaded the latest version for
linux of VMD.

Anything you do to help would be appreciated. Would a screenshot or two be
of assistance?

Best,

Paul Anderson