From: PaulW (pasystems01_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 17 2011 - 07:17:44 CST

This may be a resend as sending from Gmail was a problem on the web.

I am having similar problems to a thread posted about the installation
of 1.7 version. I get the same error messages from Terminal as that
poster. John Stone had answered with the option to install the binaries
of the program as a solution because of the dependencies. Where do I
find the binaries. It seems the only thing I could find was the 64 bit
version that I downloaded before. I am using Ubuntu 11.04.

I get the following when I try to run the program in the Lib program
folder from Terminal.

paulw_at_ubuntu:~/usr/local/bin$ vmd
No command 'vmd' found, did you mean:
 Command 'wmd' from package 'wml' (universe)
 Command 'amd' from package 'am-utils' (universe)
 Command 'mmd' from package 'mtools' (main)
 Command 'vm' from package 'mgetty-voice' (universe)
 Command 'vgd' from package 'viewglob' (universe)
 Command 'pvmd' from package 'pvm' (universe)
vmd: command not found
paulw_at_ubuntu:~/usr/local/bin$

I had read that in Linux, a file called VMDrc is created. I looked for
that, found it and tried again with similar results.

paulw_at_ubuntu:~/usr/local/lib/vmd$ vmdrc
vmdrc: command not found
paulw_at_ubuntu:~/usr/local/lib/vmd$

I attempted a reinstall. All the folders were created but when I went to
the Bin folder which contained a very small VMD file and opened it up in
Terminal I got the folllowing message. It seems I have the similar
dependencies problem as the other poster.

paulw_at_ubuntu:~/usr/local/bin$ vmd
No command 'vmd' found, did you mean:
 Command 'wmd' from package 'wml' (universe)
 Command 'amd' from package 'am-utils' (universe)
 Command 'mmd' from package 'mtools' (main)
 Command 'vm' from package 'mgetty-voice' (universe)
 Command 'vgd' from package 'viewglob' (universe)
 Command 'pvmd' from package 'pvm' (universe)
vmd: command not found
paulw_at_ubuntu:~/usr/local/bin$

I believe this program is a binary as per the Readme file but don't know
how to proceed further. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.