From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 10 2011 - 09:27:47 CST

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 8:58 AM, arash azari <arash.azari_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to know extra options for pbwithin selection in atomselect.
> Could you please let me know (by using pbwithin) how can I select all
> the water molecules in all image cells, not only 26 cells?

you cannot.

> How can I use the option “numperiodic” in atomselect?

you cannot.

> For more information please read the following lines.

what is described below is a different issue.
if you want to analyze an unwrapped trajectory
with on-the-fly-pbc evaluation, you will have
to implement the low-level code yourself. you
can do this by extending the c/c++ code within
VMD or writing a standalone tool. but as it
stands, there is no magic keyword to atomselect
that will make it do something that hasn't
been programmed yet.

axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer