From: Christian Wohlschlager (Christian.Wohlschlager_at_jku.at)
Date: Fri Oct 28 2011 - 04:23:30 CDT

** Reply Requested When Convenient **

Hi !

Thank you for your answere I checked the system and i found out that
the display walls driven by cavelib have a !!!!! different Suse running
on the node where the vmd is running and was compiled it's suse 11
and on the display nodes Suse 10.So as long as they are not running the
same System its oviouse that there is something different in the GL
libraries. and that maybe the couse of the NOT vmd bug.
I try again if i'm sure that all nodes are on the same OS Level and
same GL Level.

Another question:
In your Research i found a Article about Mechanosensitive channels .
if the simulation is done by namd or vmd is it possible to get the
material (pdb file etc)

Thank you

Christian Wohlschlager
JKU UniversitÃĪt Linz
Altenbergerstr.69
4040 Linz
Austria

>>> John Stone <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu> 10/27/2011 8:29 AM >>>

Christian,
  I would suggest checking which libs VMD is finding at runtime to
make sure they look correct. I would also suggest checking that
you're able to correctly run simple demo apps using your
local CAVElib installation. With those two things out of the way,
then I'd check VMD running in windowed mode, and finally running
it with "vmd -dispdev caveforms" which will also enable the GUI
windows.
Do you have a "simulator" mode config for your cave? I'd start with
that, and progressively work up to running on all the walls. Is
yours a single-system cave, or a cluster?

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 07:12:09AM +0100, Christian Wohlschlager
wrote:
> Hy !
>
> I just installed vmd 1.9 (update from 1.8.7) on Suse 11 SP1 with
Cavelib
> , Starting without cave everything seem to be ok,
> starting with -dispdev cave after loading a pdb file i get heaps
of errors
> ;
> XRequest.143:BadKength (poly request too large or internal XLib
lenght
> error
>
> Usually i get this message when displaying on a remote system with
32 Bit,
> but in this case this cant be, its displayed on a 64 Linux Cave
(with
> cavelib) i also try to change VMDCAVEMEM but there is no
difference at