From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 12 2011 - 12:03:04 CDT

On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 12:01 -0400, Vivek Ranjan wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have installed vmd on a linux cluster [VMD for LINUXAMD64, version
> 1.9 (March 14, 2011)]. I load a psf file and then a dcd file. The
> process on windows laptop is several times faster than vmd on this
> linux cluster. Is this expected ?

depends on the laptop, the size of the dcd file
and the cluster hardware and configuration.

if the dcd file is large and you have to pull it
into VMD via "low bandwidth" networked file system,
(e.g. NFSv3 over 1 GigE TCP/IP) then yes.

axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer
akohlmey_at_gmail.com http://goo.gl/1wk0