From: Dave Schall (schalljd_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 29 2011 - 09:28:34 CDT

I am running ubuntu 10.04 with a quadro 4000 gpu, nvidia's 3d vision
glasses, and an acer GD235hz monitor. The gpu and emitter are synced via the
3 pin connector as directed. Through many trials and tribulations (and many
edits to my xorg.conf file), I got 3d viz to work, ... sort of.
Approximately every 2 seconds the image jumps on the screen. It is visible
with and with out the glasses. It happens both in VMD and when running
glxgears -stereo. It must be a setting somewhere but I can't find any info
anywhere describing a fix for the problem. Any VMD users have any tips?

The only clue I have is that the refresh rate in the xorg.conf file is set
to 120 hz, while the actual refresh in the nvidia setup tool is listed as
99.something. I wonder if the combination of refresh rate and resolution
1920x1080 isn't allowed for some reason. It should be according to the
monitor specs.

Thanks for the help,

Dave

--
J. David Schall, Assistant Professor
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Oakland University