From: Jiao, Dian NMN (-EXP) (dnjiao_at_sandia.gov)
Date: Wed Aug 24 2011 - 15:24:42 CDT

Hi,

I was following Paul Grayson's little instruction on installing orient packages on my mac for aligning the principle axes of a molecule, but I could not get it to work with my VMD. When I do "package require Orient" in TK console, it says "can't find package Orient". I have pointed the vmd autopath to where I have put the orient and la101 by adding these two lines of lappend to my .vmdrc file under $mypath/VMD 1.8.7.app/Contents/vmd. I am not sure if the vmdrc file gets sourced when I fire up VMD, but that is the only .vmdrc on my machine. Could I get some advice on this?

Thanks
Dian