From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2011 - 12:36:30 CDT

Hi,
  You can't "trick" VMD, the information is either there, or it's not.
You could make "fake" oxygens, and then VMD could use them, but I don't
see how you would get very far with this, since you also don't have
anywhere near enough information for STRIDE to be able to compute
the secondary structure either. You could provide the seconary
structure assignment manually using some atom selections, and that
would get you closer, but you still need the "O" atoms to get the
correct ribbon orientation for the alpha helices, beta sheets, etc..