From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 13:06:06 CDT

Matthew,
  Your VMD-L post bounced because you're not subscribed to the list, just
FYI, though this reply will go through. You need to be subscribed to the
list in order to post.

Its not very easy to render non-moving text in VMD as all of the text
drawing facilities in VMD were originally designed to be used as labels
that live in the same coordinate system as the molecular structures.
At some point I do plan to add true 2-D text rendering to VMD, but at
the present time the only way to do that would be to use a script to reset
the transformation matrix for your text, or to draw your text into a new
molecule and set the new molecule as "fixed", that would prevent it from
being affected by rotations, scaling, translation, etc. The fixed molecule
method is probably the easiest way to accomplish this.

Thanks,