From: Filip Persson (filip.persson_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 20 2011 - 05:12:44 CDT

Hi,
I am planning to set up my Novint Falcon 3D controller with VMD to do
interactive molecular dynamics, but I would like some help to get it
running. I have tried to follow Axel's instructions at

https://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/software/vrpn-icms

but apparently the learning curve is too steep for me as I am quite new to
the Linux environment (I am running Ubuntu 64bit 11.04 ). I have installed
VMD 1.9 and downloaded the compiled binary package for the VRPN code at

http://klein-group.icms.temple.edu/akohlmey/vrpn-icms/VRPN-07.28.ICMS-Linux-x86_64.tar.gz

How do I install it after extracting the tar.gz file? What am I supposed to
do with the .vmdsensors file available for download at the site above?

After this is done, how do I run Axel's Demo-files in VMD?

I am thankful for any help - I really want this to work (It's so cool that
Axel and the VMD guys are developing this feature)!

Best,
Filip