From: maria goranovic (mariagoranovic_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2011 - 07:59:10 CDT

Hi

I have a trajectory, and I want to source in a different draw-command
containing file on each frame. The files to be sourced in contain several
draw commands as below:

draw point { 67.340 84.391 32.398}
draw point { 67.340 84.391 32.340}
draw point { 67.340 84.410 32.284}
draw point { 67.340 84.446 32.238}
draw point { 67.340 84.495 32.206}
draw point { 67.340 84.552 32.192}
draw point { 67.340 84.611 32.196}
draw point { 67.340 84.664 32.220}
draw point { 67.340 84.707 32.260}
draw point { 67.340 84.735 32.311}
draw point { 67.353 84.567 32.605}

the idea is to view the trajectory and draw a new set of points each frame.
Can someone please suggest how to accomplish this?

I tried something like the following to load 5 frames from a 125-frame
trajectory. The files temp_$j.vmd_plot contain data like the above. The
script below works, except that only the last set of points i.e.
outputhole_5.vmd_plot are displayed, and no others. When I look back into
the trajectory, VMD has lost information of previous temp_$j.vmd_plot files.
How do I keep the data in the display?

====================
mol load gro protein-aligned-50ns.gro

# Load trajectory

for {set j 0} {$j < 5 } {incr j} {

# i goes like 1, 26, 51 ...
set i [expr ($j*25)+1]
# k goes like 25, 50, 75 ...
set k [expr ($j+1)*25]

mol addfile {protein-aligned.xtc} type {xtc} first $i last $k step 25
waitfor 1 0

# this file contains the draw statements
source temp_$j.vmd_plot
}

--
Maria G.