From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2011 - 20:11:47 CDT

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 9:08 PM, Chathurika Abeyrathne
<c.abeyrathne_at_student.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> I loaded psf, pdb and dcd  files to VMD. Then I go to Extensions ->
> Visualization -> Dipole Moment Watcher. In dipole monitoring tool I select
> all the molecules to obtain the total dipole moment.

ok. so you wrote out a file then, right?

> I run 50 times from the same input.

that is not a good idea. you want to have samples that
are as independent as possible.

if you always start from the same input and the same
start configuration, you'll have highly correlated data
and it will be as if you are just analyzing a couple of
trajectories instead of 50.

axel.