From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 23 2011 - 12:37:18 CDT

Hi,
  So VMD initially runs, but then crashes later on while you're using it?
Does the crash occur when you're doing some particular operation, or at
random?
What kind of graphics chipset does your Mac have?
Are these large molecules or small ones?
Is your machine running out of memory?

All of the researchers in our group use Mac laptops, and I haven't seen such
crashes occur on any of our machines, so the more information you can
provide us with, the better.