From: Reza Salari (resal81_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 22 2011 - 04:45:53 CDT

Hello all,

I am wondering if there is a way to rotate a dx volume file using the "move"
command?

If I have a pdb file, I can rotate it around the x axis by running these
commands:

set prot1 [atomselect 0 "all"]
set M [transaxis x 20]
$prot1 move $M

Now, I have two dx files that belong to the same protein but in two
different orientations so I want to re-align one of the dx files. However if
I load a dx file to VMD and try to assign it to a variable:

set surf1 [atomselect 0 "all"]

it fails (probably because the dx file is not a coordinate file and hence
atomselect doesn't work for it). I've tried a couple of different options
without luck. So I am wondering if it is possible to select a non-coordinate
object in the console, for example just using its mol_id or similar
attributes and not using atomselect?

I appreciate your help in advance,

Reza Salari