From: George Tzotzos (gtzotzos_at_me.com)
Date: Fri May 20 2011 - 08:31:17 CDT

Hi everybody,

I'm new to VMD and would be grateful for any help you may provide.

I've loaded and amber topology and trajectory file. The trajectory relates to a ligand bound on a protein of 137 residues.

I can select the ligand from Selected Atomos with (resid 138) drawing method CPK

I'm trying to visualise both the protein and the ligand. When I use (resid 138) and (protein) both molecules disappear from the display.

Likewise when I try to select (resid X) and (resid 138) the effect is the same.

I followed the basic tutorial but to no avail.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

George