From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon May 16 2011 - 10:30:25 CDT

Hi,
  Do you get an error message from STRIDE when it tries to compute
the secondary structure? What is the location of the center of mass?
The STRIDE program communicates with VMD using the PDB file format,
which has a limited range of coordinate magnitudes, so this can
be a source of problems if you translate the center of mass far from
the origin. Since we didn't develop STRIDE, we are subject to its
limitations...