From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue May 10 2011 - 15:09:39 CDT

Hi,
  Can you verify that you're able to run APBS manually?
Most of the times problems like this have arisen previously, they
were caused by ABPS binaries that didn't run correctly (and had never
been tested outside of using the VMD plugin). If you are able
to run the APBS binaries outside of VMD, then I'll need to get
a little more information from you so I can try and reproduce your
problem.