From: Jesper Sørensen (lists_at_jsx.dk)
Date: Tue May 03 2011 - 06:14:31 CDT

Hello all,

I want to calculate the solvent accessible surface area in a system with many monomers that aggregate. The aggregation occurs across the periodic images and therefore the wrapping of the system gets a little complicated.

Is there a way to make the SASA script/plugin in vmd take the periodic images into account when calculating the SASA of certain surfaces?

I found the below post on the VMD list from March of 2010, but I haven’t seen any changes to the SASA script since. Does anybody have an updated version that includes the periodic images?

I am more than willing to make the code change myself – but I am not sure how complicated it would be…

Best regards,

Jesper

--
Jesper Soerensen