From: Peter C. Lai (pcl_at_uab.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 30 2011 - 13:50:01 CDT

On 2011-04-30 04:42:15AM -0500, Axel Kohlmeyer wrote:

> --
> Axel Kohlmeyer
> akohlmey_at_gmail.com<mailto:akohlmey_at_gmail.com>
> http://goo.gl/1wk0
>

> On Apr 30, 2011, at 3:18, Moutusi Manna <mou2c_21_at_yahoo.co.in<mailto:mou2c_21_at_yahoo.co.in>> wrote:
>

> Dear all,
>
> As we all know, in vmd, we can rotate or translate molecule using “VMD MAIN – Mouse –Rotate Mode/ Translate Mode”.
>
> But can I measure the extent of rotation (in degree) or translation (in Å)?
>

> Please note, that these operations do not change any atom coordinates. They simply change your viewpoint.
>
> Axel

I assumed he knew about the Move atom/frag/residue/molecule checkbox...

I suppose extending the GUI in this way could be implemented with a custom
script/plugin that composes the transformation matrix and does the move after
reading in the values from a couple of Tk input fields.

Peter C. Lai                 | University of Alabama-Birmingham
Programmer/Analyst           | BEC 257
Genetics, Div. of Research   | 1150 10th Avenue South
pcl_at_uab.edu                  | Birmingham AL 35294-4461
(205) 690-0808               |