From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 00:13:35 CDT

Julius,
  You can install the latest version of the XYZ plugin and you'll
be able to load XYZ trajectories and a wider variety of XYZ files
in general. You can get updated plugins from this page:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/

We plan to release VMD 1.8.2 soon, and it will include the
latest versions of the various plugins out-of-the-box so to speak.

If you would like to try a test version of VMD 1.8.2, let met know.

Thanks,