From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2011 - 22:03:44 CST

Hi,
  The newest version of the color scale bar plugin allows you to set the
text color in the graphical interface. It is included with the beta versions
of VMD 1.9. I'm expecting to release a new VMD 1.9 beta 2 version tomorrow
night. It might be simplest if you try out the new beta version as it has
numerous enhancements over the old versions of VMD, and the new color scale
bar plugin is also much improved.

Cheers,
  John stone
  vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu