From: Marc Charendoff (mcharend_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2011 - 15:40:14 CST

Hello all,

    I've got a question. I've run psfgen on a peptide twice with one psf file
generating cross terms, the other one with none. With my namd conf file
declaring par_all27_prot_na_carb.prm, only the psf file not specifying cross
terms runs. What are these cross terms? I'm thinking my psfing has not been
consistent. My file psf headers are:

PSF

       6 !NTITLE
 REMARKS original generated structure x-plor psf file
 REMARKS 2 patches were applied to the molecule.
 REMARKS topology helixb_ed_autopsf-temp.top
 REMARKS segment P1 { first PROP; last CTER; auto angles dihedrals }
 REMARKS patch PROP P1:1
 REMARKS patch CTER P1:15

.......and........

PSF CMAP (is this CMAP a clue?)

       6 !NTITLE
 REMARKS original generated structure x-plor psf file
 REMARKS 2 patches were applied to the molecule.
 REMARKS topology extnd3L4F_autopsf-temp.top
 REMARKS segment P1 { first PROP; last CTER; auto angles dihedrals }
 REMARKS patch PROP P1:1
 REMARKS patch CTER P1:15

...which gives me the extra "goodies".....

      13 !NCRTERM: cross-terms
      15 17 19 29 17 19 29 31
      29 31 33 46 31 33 46 48
      46 48 50 58 48 50 58 60