From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2011 - 08:15:18 CST

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 5:19 AM, Nima Nouri <nouri.f.nima_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> thanks a lot for your powerfull program VMD.
> Are there any plans to provide a recompiled version of VMD running on win64
> with CUDA.

compiling on windows always is a massive pain. if you need a vmd
binary with CUDA support, it would have been _much_ faster to install
a dual bootable linux partition on your machine.

> If yes, as I really urgently need it I would be glad if you could tell me
> when it is going to be published?

what VMD feature exactly do you need so urgently?
only a small subset of the VMD functionality is currently
CUDA accelerated. chances are, that you won't see
any speed improvement from having a binary with CUDA
support.

> I have tried for about a week to compile its source on WIN64 but no chance
> at all.

no comment.

axel.

--