From: Ajasja Ljubetič (ajasja.ljubetic_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 29 2010 - 15:10:54 CDT

Hi,

set sel [atomselect top "z>-1 and z <1"]
$sel get {x y}

will select everything lying in the xy plane betwen z>-1 and z<1 and output
the x y coordinates.

when designing a new selection it is most useful to create a new
representation and enter the selection there, so one can see exactly which
atoms are selected.

Regards,
Ajasja