From: Raman Parkesh (RParkesh_at_scripps.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2010 - 14:38:38 CDT

Hi
Sometime back I had a problem starting VMD by double-clicking the icon in application folder. It turned out that it is to do with the X11 dying on the launch. The solution to this problem is do delete the environment.plist files in the directory ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist. You should restart the system for the changes to be effective.

Raman