From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2010 - 16:12:11 CDT

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Murpholino Peligro
<murpholinox_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> so....what is the maximum trajectory size?

huge.

> If i understand well...
>
> it depends totally in my RAM?

... and your operating system.

> so if I have a computer with 4 Gb RAM...then I could see only
> trajectories less than 4 Gb?

well, if you have 4GB RAM, then you don't have
4GB available to store trajectory data in memory.
probably less then 3GB after the OS and all the
other applications that are running.

then there is the pure trajectory data, only coordinates,
but also the storage for the topology information and
for the visualization and additional things, if you run
scripts.

if you use a compressed trajectory format (.xtc), then
the memory requirements will be even higher.

cheers,
   axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer    akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/