From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 13 2010 - 12:25:47 CDT

Hi,
  At present there isn't an append mode capability in the VMD molfile
plugins, but this is something I've been pondering adding as an optional
feature to some plugins. At present, you would need to do file
concatenation using Tcl or native shell scripting to append each newly
written PDB file to the concatenated PDB file.

Cheers,
  John