From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2010 - 15:00:41 CDT

Hi,
  You can use the 'molefacture' plugin in VMD to build small structures,
but whether this is actually what you need for CPMD is another question
entirely. Without more information I'm afraid I can't give more explicit
guidance. The structure preparation tools in VMD are oriented heavily
towards biological simulations, so if what you're doing doesn't fall
into that category, you may be better off searching for a tool that's
more specifically focused on CPMD or the kinds of structures you're building.