From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2010 - 08:48:53 CDT

On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 14:51 +0200, Christian Wohlschlager wrote:
> Hy !

hi christian,

> I try to use vmd with a Phantom device and microsft windows 2000 is
> there a binary from a vrpn server (including Phantom support). I'm
> asking just before (Murphy Law No.1 Never change a running System)

have you checked the original vrpn download site?

there are a few .exe files at:

ftp://ftp.cs.unc.edu/pub/packages/GRIP/vrpn/old_versions/

in general i suspect that you have better chances to
get help from the vrpn folks. not sure how many people
here are willing to pony up the money for a phantom.

already the feedback that i got from having a driver for
a *much* more affordable device (that supports all DOFs
that VMD requires) was somewhat limited.
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/software/vrpn-icms

cheers,
    axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/