From: Ajasja Ljubetič (ajasja.ljubetic_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2010 - 09:31:12 CDT

To select only the protein in VMD you can just type "protein" in the
selection box, which you can also save to a separate file.
You can select all ions using "ions" :)
For separate ions you have the wrong name. I think Cl+ are named CLA and Na+
as SOD.
You can double check the name by pressing 0 (pr clicking on Mouse->Query)
and then clicking on the ion of interest. On the console you will get
extended information about that atom.

Best regards,
Ajasja