From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2010 - 11:19:00 CST

Filippo,
  Although the environment variable is working for you, I'm still
curious why setting the device to compute mode prohibited did not
work, since it works fine in my testing here, even with the same
model of GPU. Can you send me the output of these commands:
  nvidia-smi -a -q
  nvidia-smi -a -q -s

Cheers,
  John stone