From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2010 - 10:56:00 CST

Hi,
  There's not a straightforward way of getting the cylinder endpoint
coordinates in the molecule's coordinate system. Perhaps the least painful
way would be to set all of the VMD transformation matrices to identity
matrices, and then export the molecule scene to a Tachyon scene file, and
then grab the cylinder coordinates from that. What are you trying to do
these coordinates?