From: Dong Luo (us917_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 20 2010 - 11:12:11 CST

Hi,

Yes, the X11 composite extension was detected by VMD. I googled and disabled it, then restarted X server. The tcl console problem is not solved. So I upgraded the NVIDIA driver to the latest version 190.53. Problem still remains. Here is the new glxinfo output: http://pastebin.com/m72268a0d

As for the strangelines you mentioned, it now disappeared: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1727104/picture/newTclConsole.jpg.

Dong