From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 31 2009 - 10:57:08 CST

please always keep the mailing list in cc: so that
people on the list get to see, if a request has been
answered sufficiently or not.

2009/12/31 <wenchangyu2006_at_gmail.com>:
> Thank you, axel. Actually I would like to how to draw the lines in that
> picture on the website. I think this is the direction of the protein moving
> and this can be done by script programming, which I want to know. Thanks.

if you want to know about those lines, why don't you ask about it in
the first place. please keep in mind that an answer to a question can
only be as good and accurate as the question itself.

those lines look like some position vectors of the principal axis to me
that were derived from the inertia tensor at different time steps, where
the color encodes the time.

of course that can be scripted. again, please see the user's guide (graphics
commands). since this kind of imagery cannot be easily generalized, you'll
have to sort out the details by yourself.

cheers,
    axel.