From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 07 2009 - 14:42:26 CST

Hi,
  The pre-compiled build of VMD should work fine with the
Phantom OMNI (we have one here...) What I don't know is whether
the version of VRPN that the pre-compiled VMD build is linked against
can talk to the bleeding edge 7.23 version of VRPN that you're working
with. What happens if you setup a .vmdsensors file and try connecting
(use the VMD Graphics->Tools menu to add a tool attached to the OMNI)?