From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 10:46:46 CDT

Dear Shawn,
  Yes, load each molecule individually first. Once loaded, you can
superimpose them on top of each other by one of several methods including:
  1) Toggle the "F"ixed setting in the main VMD window on one or more
     molecules, then translate the other(s) into position.

  2) Use the Mouse->Move->Molecule menu item to do the same thing.
     (this actually alters atomic coordinates unlike option 1)

  3) You may also use various of the VMD text commands equivalent to 2) above.
     (i.e. atomselect "move" and "moveby" subcommands)

Which way is "right" depends on what you want in the end.

Thanks,