From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 13 2009 - 01:20:11 CDT

What happened is that you did not build your system with them to begin with.
Disulfide bonds require using the patch "PRES DISU" (I think) when building
your psf, e.g., through the "add patch" box in autopsf. Usage of the patch
command can be found in the psfgen manual as well as in the standard charmm
topology file containing it.

However, they will not break once they are there. As they are covalent
bonds anyway, if you were hypothetically able to raise the temperature
enough to break them, you would have much bigger problems with your protein!