From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 24 2009 - 08:18:59 CDT

Hi,
  The Windows version of VMD doesn't presently have a NetCDF reader
plugin due to an issue with the way the NetCDF libraries are compiled
on that platform. I hope to have a workaround for this in the near
future, but in the mean time you'd either want to use catdcd or VMD
convert the file to a format you can use on the Windows version of VMD.

  johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu